Old Evinrude 5.5 Fisherman--hinged cover

[ Ol' Paw's Boat Motor Bulletin Board ] [ Ol' Paw's Fishing Page ]

Posted by eric ( on June 14, 2005 at 10:02:18:

I just bought an old (1958) Evinrude 5.5 hp. Sounds silly, but my Q is, how do I get the clamshell cover on the thing. It is the type split and hinged front to back (ie. two sides hinged together). I bought it with the cover off and I though I'd just simply put it on at home. But it's turned out to be the most perplexing thing because the shift lever is in the way. Anyone know what the trick is?

Durafix Aluminum Repair Rod Demo

See Items Repaired With Durafix