Re: Mercury overheating
[ Ol' Paw's Boat Motor Bulletin Board ] [ Ol' Paw's Fishing Page ]
Posted by JMWypior (188.8.131.52) on October 01, 2004 at 19:34:21:
In Reply to: Mercury overheating posted by Joe on September 08, 2004 at 21:59:17:
I had similar occurence with 85 hp Force. Went with all the thermostat and pump impeler replacment. Did not work. Turned out that build-up of the mineral deposit in the water cooling space was such that prevented proper heat thansfer. It was a nasty job. All wals in water shell need to be cleaned mechanically with some mild acid perhaps. I used gune bristle and bristle for cupper pipes and liquid used for removal of the calcium. That requires lifting cyl head and cover to water system But it did work.
|See Items Repaired With Durafix|